Civil engineers uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the civil engineering profession by:
- using their knowledge and skill for the enhancement of human welfare and the environment;
- being honest and impartial and serving with fidelity the public, their employers/employees and clients;
- striving to increase the competence and prestige of the civil engineering profession; and
- supporting the professional and technical societies of their disciplines.
- Civil Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public and shall strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of their duties.
- Civil Engineers shall perform services only in areas of their competence.
- Civil Engineers shall issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
- Civil Engineers shall act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of interest.
- Civil Engineers shall build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
- Civil Engineers shall act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity, and dignity of the civil engineering profession.
- Civil Engineers shall continue their professional development throughout their careers, and shall provide opportunities for the professional development of those civil engineers under their supervision.
Adopted in September 2001 as part of the Manual of Professional Practice for Civil Engineers published by the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers.